MEMBERSHIP CODE OF CONDUCT
The Oshkosh Community YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our members and guests. Members and guests may be disciplined for violation of the Y’s policies and procedures, or for any other improper and/or inappropriate conduct. Disciplinary action taken is at the sole discretion of the Y and it reserves the right to take whatever action is appropriate based on the nature of the violation. It is our expectation that all members and guests follow basic rules of conduct or they will be asked to leave and may be in jeopardy of losing their Y membership.
The member code of conduct outlines prohibited actions. Inappropriate behaviors in our facilities and programs include:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs/chemicals on Y property or at Y sponsored programs.
- Smoking on Y property. This includes any tobacco product, e-cigarettes, and VAPES.
- Possessing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon, including open carry or concealed carry.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior. Any objectionable comment, act or display that demeans, belittles, compromises or causes personal humiliation or embarrassment.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering within or on the ground of the Y.
- Using a camera cell phone and/or video recording device in locker rooms and restrooms.
- Membership is not transferrable. A member may not give another individual permission to use their membership benefits in their absence. Guest passes are available for purchase. An individual who misrepresents themselves will be escorted from the Y and may be ineligible to join.
- The Y has a zero tolerance policy on individuals who are registered sexual offenders. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. The Y is a state licensed child care and Oshkosh Area school district 4K site.
Other Unacceptable Behaviors
Other behaviors that are not permitted at the Y include, but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate or revealing attire. This includes clothing that contains language that promotes hate, profanity, drug references, sexual content, etc.
- Using YMCA facilities to work with a “client” for a fee without being an employee of the YMCA.
- Loitering on YMCA property after being requested to leave.
- Use of social networking sites in a manner that is contrary to the YMCA’s mission, is detrimental to the community, or is in violation of the law.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by immediately reporting suspicious and/or inappropriate behavior to a staff person on duty. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify staff if aid is needed.
At the Y, staff and volunteers go to great lengths to outline all rules and policies to ensure the comfort and safety of you, your family and other members. Because it is impossible to foresee or communicate every situation that may arise, we reserve the right to amend or add a policy/operating rule to ensure the safety and comfort of all. We understand that consistency among our Y's is a cornerstone of our business practice and want you to be met with the same guidelines, regardless of which locations you visit. However, due to varying facility designs, space and amenities, from time to time, you may see a variation to a rule or policy between locations. Please contact the executive director or membership director at any of our Y's if you have any questions.
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and /or transportation of illegal drugs, or is currently under the influence of illegal or dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
We reserve the right to enforce all YMCA policies. Failure to adhere to any and all of these may result in loss of membership privileges. Please ask your friendly Member Services staff if you have any questions!
YMCA Check In
Membership Cards & Photo IDs
Nationwide Membership Program
Sex Offender Policy
Membership Guest Privileges
Refunds & Credits
Cancellations & Closures
Bank Draft Cancellation
Membership For All Financial Assistance Program
Program Fees & Payments
Informed Consent For Program and Recreation Participation
Please embrace the family friendly environment of your Y. Any clothing considered an undergarment should not be worn alone. Sports bras are considered an undergarment. Members cannot wear inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire. Swimsuits are only to be worn in the pool areas. Dress pants, jeans or other items with rivets, buttons or zippers that may damage the upholstery are not allowed.
Shirts and closed-toed shoes are required in all Health & Wellness areas (which includes indoor track and gyms). Certain classes may be exempt from wearing shoes if specified by an instructor. All other group exercise classes and areas within the wellness center do require closed toed shoes for safety.
- All members much present their membership card at the Welcome Desk each time they enter. Guests must register and show photo ID with Member Services Desk to gain access to facility.
GUEST POLICY: Depending on the type of membership you select; the primary member may share a guest pass with a nonmember or family. The Oshkosh Y member must be present and remain at the Y during their guest’s visit. A PHOTO ID is required of a guest age 14+ and each guest household is limited to 3 visits per calendar year. Please register your guest as the Front Desk upon arrival. A full policy guest is available on our site.
- Members and guests age 7 and under must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver in the facility, unless in an organized program. This includes track, soccer and ice arenas, and gymnasiums.
- Members and guests age 8 and older may be in the YMCA facility without a parent/caregiver. The YMCA is not responsible should they be left alone on the property, unless they are enrolled and participating in an organized YMCA program.
- All persons are expected to behave in a way that shows respect and caring for others.
- The Y reserves the right to take photographs of members and guests participating in YMCA activities to be used in promotional literature.
- Members and guests are to identify themselves to staff when asked.
- The Y is not responsible for any accidents. All individuals participate at their own risk. Please immediately report any accident or emergency to the Member Service Desk. Our staff is trained to assist in emergency situations.
- Service animals that are trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability is allowed in our facilities. Emotional support animals, comfort animals and therapy dogs are not service animals under ADA, and therefore not allowed in our facilities. Pets and all other species of animals or dogs that are not service animals as not allowed in our facilities.
- Must be High School age or older to use the track.
- Children 7 and under must be within arms’ reach of their parents.
- Children 8 and older must be within parent’s view while on the track.
- Follow directional signage.
- Walkers on inside lanes, runners on outside lanes.
- NO food or drink allowed in the gym. Covered water bottles only.
- Full court basketball is not permitted during open gym times.
- No dunking or grabbing on the rims or nets at any time.
- Proper athletic attire and non-marking athletic shoes must be worn in the gym.
- Please return all basketballs to the ball racks when finished playing.
- NO kicking or inappropriate use of equipment or balls, and keep balls away from ceiling, lights and walls.
- Be respectful of others by refraining from use of profanity, fighting, excessive yelling, unnecessary aggressiveness, and unsportsman-like conduct.
- All members, of any age or skill level, are allowed equal opportunity for gym use and to become involved in any activities taking place during open gym.
- Men’s (male 18+) and Women’s (female 18+) are reserved for adults ages 19 and older only. For the respect and comfort of all members, youth under age 18 should use the Youth Locker Rooms.
- Universal Changing Rooms provide accessible and inclusive space for every member and guest. And while those two goals - accessibility and inclusiveness - are paramount, so is privacy and safety. With our Universal Changing Rooms, all these goals are realized in one space.
- Adults with children of the same gender and anyone under age 18 are to use the appropriate Youth Male (Boys) or Youth Female (Girls) locker rooms.
- Lockers are for daily use only. Unauthorized locks left overnight will be cut and contents removed. Permanent lockers in the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms may be rented for a monthly fee.
- Please lock your items in a locker.
- Cell phone and camera use of any kind is strictly prohibited in the locker rooms and changing rooms for the safety of all.
Lost & Found
- The Y is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. The lost and found is located at the Member Service desk. We will keep items for 2 weeks. If not claimed, they will be given to local charity.
Non-members who would like to visit the YMCA may purchase a day pass. Day passes are available for purchase at the front desk of our 20th Ave and Downtown branches. Please present your photo ID upon arrival. See below for pricing.
Photography of any kind within the YMCA or site will not be permitted without prior consent. In instances in which permission is granted, the images must exclude any individual(s) who have not previously signed a YMCA Photo Release Form. Failure to support this policy may result in the confiscation of the photographic/video image and the involvement of law enforcement.
OSHKOSH COMMUNITY YMCA RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILTIY AND IDEMNITY AGREEMENT
The Oshkosh Community YMCA is founded on Christian principles and values and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity or abusive language, inappropriate or revealing attire, smoking, use of alcohol or drugs, sexually explicit conversation or behavior, any sexual contact with another person, harassment or intimidation, the removal of YMCA property, carrying or concealing a weapon or criminal conduct of any type. Such inappropriate behavior or conduct is unacceptable, and the YMCA consequently retains the right to deny memberships to its applicants and to revoke membership of any current member or participant at its sole discretion.
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving child and/or sexual abuse, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics or intoxicating beverages. THE OSHKOSH COMMUNITY YMCA TAKES A NO TOLERANCE STANCE FOR ANYONE REGISTERED AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER. ALL YMCA MEMBERS ARE SCREENED AGAINST THE NATIONAL SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY.
Nationwide Membership: By participating in the YMCA Nationwide Membership Program, I agree to release the National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America, and its independent and autonomous member associations in the United States and Puerto Rico, from claims of negligence for bodily injury or death in connection with the use of YMCA facilities, and from any liability for other claims, including loss of property, to the fullest extent of the law.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person or the building supervisor on duty.
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately always when in our facility or participating in our programs. In further consideration of being permitted to enter the Oshkosh Community YMCA (hereinafter referred to as the Y) for any purpose including, but not limited to, observation or use of facilities or equipment or participation in any off-site program affiliated with the Y. The undersigned hereby agrees to the following: THE UNDERSIGNED hereby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue the Y and all branches thereof, its directors, officers, employees and agents (hereinafter referred to as releasees) from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss or damages and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise while the undersigned is in, upon or about the premises or any facilities or equipment therein or participating in any program affiliated with the Y. THE UNDERSIGNED hereby agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage for cost they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in, upon or about the Y premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the Y whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise. THE UNDERSIGNED hereby assumes full responsibility for all risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage due to negligence of release or otherwise while in about or upon the premises of the Y and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the Y. THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing Release, Waiver, and Indemnity Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Wisconsin and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect. UNDERSIGNED has read and voluntarily signed the Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement and further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
Photo/Talent Release: I hereby irrevocably release, consent, and allow the YMCA and its agents to use my photograph/likeness/voice, as it pertains to my participation with the YMCA, in any manner for promotional efforts without expectation of any reimbursement in connection with its use.
Credit Policy: Activities that are canceled by reason of the participant will be accessed a $15 refund processing fee or given a full credit toward any YMCA activity or membership. There are no credits given for individual classes missed. The YMCA reserves the right to cancel a class when it does not meet the minimum enrollment requirement. You may call or drop by the 20th Ave location (920-230-8439) or the Downtown location (920-236-3380) to request your refund.
Permission to Provide Necessary Treatment or Emergency Care: In the event parent/guardian cannot be reached in an emergency and an individual age 17 or younger needs emergency care, I hereby give permission to the qualified personnel selected by the YMCA to request treatment; to release any records necessary for insurance purposes; and to provide or arrange necessary related transportation for me/my child. In the event I cannot be reached or cannot respond in an emergency, I hereby give permission to administer treatment, including hospitalization, for the person who I am registering. Gift Certificates are non-refundable. Gift Certificates which are received as a donation are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.